Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharlaw Bhargava has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 111
Awesome doctor and staff. The girl at front is super friendly and nice. I called to get an appointment when I was having a bad panic attack. The office worked with me to get me seen by the doctor as soon as possible. The doctor was very through and made changes to my medications and gave me therapy. I have not had a panic attack since then and my anxiety depression is so much better. The cloud that was over my head feels like a rainbow now. I feel like I am back!
from visit to visit the doctor asks the same questions, and charges for a monthly script. I told my regular doctor and he couldn't believe that I was having to go there monthly because after a diagnosis for adult ADHD you can just go to your regular doctor have your records transferred and they can write your prescriptions. Often this Dr would not remember anything about me, ask the same things , very impersonal.
22 Years Experience
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Sharlaw Bhargava accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYoung Minds Frisco, 5850 Town and Country Blvd Ste 1202, Frisco, TX
Dr. Sharlaw Bhargava is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frisco, TX.