Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharmel O Kasten
Dr. Sharmel O Kasten, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Clovis, CA, with another office in Clovis, CA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kasten is affiliated with Clovis Community Medical Center, Valley Childrens Hospital and Community Behavioral Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharmel O Kasten has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 43
I really like Dr. Kasten, she listens and she works through issues trying to find solutions. Sadly, the fact that it is hard to get an appointment and then, once there, no matter what time of day, she is always running late. It is not acceptable to make patients wait for hours. Once in a while is understandable, but every single time is clearly poor scheduling, or poor time management on the doctor's part.
I went to this doctor for several years and I never was satisfied. She is ALWAYS rushing and never asks if you have questions, then rushes out the door. After I learned this about her, I always made sure to say I have questions. She would quickly answer my first one then rush out the door. Not only were her answers very vague, generic, and unhelpful (most of the time, she would just say if it doesn't hurt, you'll be okay), she never cared to stay long enough to hear my other questions.
Dr. Kasten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Touro University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Sharmel O Kasten accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sharmel O Kasten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clovis, CA.