- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Seattle, WA. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with University Of Washington Medical Center Ambulatory. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed has 2 locations
1101 Madison St Ste 301
Seattle, WA 98104
1200 12th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144
Book Online Now
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed has the following 11 expertise
- Kidney Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Breast Cancer
Showing 1 of 1
Kind and Respectful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed - Posted on March 31st, 2009
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Caritas Carney Hospital
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed
More information about Sharmila Ahmed, MD Dr. Sharmila Ahmed has been named one of Seattle's best doctors by her peers. Dr. Ahmed is a mentor for University of Washington medical residents.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Seattle, WA, in this video.
Dr. Sharmila S Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seattle, WA.