Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharmila M Jones MD
Dr. Sharmila M Jones, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, WV. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sharmila M Jones has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sharmila M Jones has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Sharmila M Jones is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sharmila M Jones - Posted on August 26th, 2010
Dr. Sharmila M Jones Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Sharmila M Jones
Dr. Sharmila grew up in Parkersburg, WV where her parents still reside. She received an undergraduate degree in economics and political science from Boston University and her medical degree from the Marshall University School of Medicine. Her residency training was completed at the Columbus Children's Hospital/Ohio State University; Dr. Jones is board certified in pediatrics and is a fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics. Her special interests include breastfeeding, preventative medicine and international adoption. At home, she takes care of her four sweet children and husband Dr. Eric. In her spare time, Dr. Sharmila enjoys painting, playing tennis, reading and taking walks with her family.
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH CHARLESTON PEDIATRICS, 830 Pennsylvania Ave Ste 110, Charleston, WV
Dr. Sharmila M Jones is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, WV.