Dr. Sharon A Alger-Mayer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sharon A Alger-Mayer?

Amazing doctor.

another dr who doesnt listen

I went to her for help with my binge eating disorder, she prescribed a ssri, after considering the risks vs benefits I decided I need something that's going to start working immediately so I call her to ask for the only medication the fda has thus far approved for treatment of binge eating disorder and she offers me prozac, saying it's the only other medication approved for bulimia. I am 100% sure I expressed to her I do not purge after binges, as much as I would like to be able to, I cannot, so where is this "bulimia" b.s. coming from? Total waste of time. I went to her desperate for help and nothing came of it. Thanks Dr Alger for listening so well.

Overall Unhelpful

I'm very thankful for Dr Alger. She is one of the few Doctors in the Albany / Capital district who specialize in eating disorders, and is excellent at what she does. She was the first Dr I took my daughter to when she was very sick, and we also got in the same day I called. Two hours after I made the call to her office ! I'm very thankful that we got in that day. She spent a great deal of time with my daughter. All of her recommendations as far as treatment facilities, Doctors, and therapists are top notch. She always calls back when I have a question, and I never feel rushed. I have talked to her office staff as well, and they have all been understanding and helpful. Considering that my emotions at times have been a combination of nervous, worried, and desperate for help it's nice to know that my daughter is in the best hands. Dr Alger helped save my daughter's life ! Many thanks to Dr Alger, The Renfrew Center P.A. Dr Klim and the rest of her team.

It has been years since I've seen Dr. Alger, but I did not find her particularly caring. In fact, her lack of caring made a bigger impression. She never called either with test results that showed a problem. I found out 4 months later in a follow-up appt. Never went back after that.

Very caring

Dr. Alger-Mayer has been my nutritionist since 1999. Through the years, she has coached me and has always been a very caring, understanding, and patient physician.

excellent patient care

100% most excellent doctor.she is very caring and follows through on any problem you have.i would recomend her to everyone who needs a doctor in this field.thanks for such excellent care all these years .

Appointments are hard to get, right away. This is a testimony of how good a doctor she is. She in high demand and worth the wait.

Dr. Sharon A Alger-Mayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.