Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharon Fowler
Dr. Sharon Fowler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Macomb, MI, with another office in Saint Clair Shores, MI. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Fowler is affiliated with St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center and DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharon Fowler has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
It was my first time meeting Dr. Sharon Fowler. She didn't even introduce herself to me. She walked in and rudely snapped at my 11 yr old for cracking his knuckles. (STOP CRACKING YOUR KNUCKLES I CANT STAND THAT!) not hello I'm Dr. Fowler what seems to be the problem? I've been going to that pediatric center and never have been treated in such a way let alone any other medical place! She has no bedside manner, very unprofessional and does not need to be working in the medical field especially with her bad rough attitude. As she left the room without even saying anything. I jokingly asked her, do you have any ideas on how to keep my son from cracking his knuckles, she said in a matter of fact smart a** tone maybe he should try picking up a book and reading. For one lady, my son has all A's. He is in all accelerated classes and his teachers love him. I grew up in the medical environment because of my mothers job. I've met plenty of irrogant Dr's but she is by far the worse I've ever encountered. This is the 1st time I've ever really been extremely aggravated enough to even find this kind of site and write this.
I truly believe she may be a good doctor. However her bedside manner is horrible....she said some hurtful things to my daughter years ago and it still bothers her to this day. Of all people a doctor should. Know that you can mentally scar a child with harsh comments. All of my kids were patents at her office since. Birth. Now I can't stand to step in there because of her.
Dr. Fowler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Sharon Fowler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharon Fowler in this video.
Dr. Sharon Fowler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, MI.