Dr. Sharon Hirsch Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Sharon Hirsch?

Posted on September 11th, 2015

wonderful manners and quite pleasant.

Posted on March 24th, 2014

We were scheduled for a 2 hour evaluation. We spent the first 15-20 minutes waiting. We were then seen by one of her residents. She had terrible social skills and was absolutely incompetent in interviewing both parent and child. We were then handed questionnaires to be filled out (which were never even looked at or addressed by either resident or Dr. Hirsch). My daughter was then spoken to by Dr. Hirsch for at most 10 minutes. Dr. Hirsch then asked to speak with me, but not before telling the other family waiting that she would only be a couple of minutes. She proceeded to then ask a couple of questions followed by her "opinion" of what my daughter needs. Not sure how she can justify doing that without taking any time to get a good picture of her situation. She also told me I was an over protective parent, and should let my 3rd grade daughter read the "Hunger Games" if she wants to?? I was shocked and so disappointed. We had been waiting over 2 months to meet with one of the "top 100" doctors, which she definitely is not. Terrible experience. Spent no time getting a good sense of my daughter's issues, and pretty much shoved us out the door. Such a shame that our mental health system is such that there is no time to truly assess and help. On our drive home, my daughter told me that Dr. Hirsch asked her if she wanted to be a "normal" girl again. Really? Probably the least compassionate question my daughter has been asked. Massive disappointment. Would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for help.

Disappointing Appointment-Making

Posted on April 3rd, 2013

I couldn't even bring myself to schedule an appointment for my son because the office staff was so unprofessional and lazy. I was contacted immediately by Dr. Hirsch letting me know that my son would be seen by the clinic (which was great!), only to get the run around, have an appointment canceled and rescheduled without my consent, and then the staff requiring that I call back at another date to reschedule. I will be taking my son to UIC for his testing and evaluation and would not recommend UofC for an assessment.

Posted on March 16th, 2016