Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharon J Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Sharon J Lee has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Sharon J Lee has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sharon J Lee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
During my pregnancy, I thought Dr. Lee was attentive enough. A partner did my c-section. When Dr. Lee made rounds afterwards, I told her I felt something was not right; I had extreme pain, etc... She responded dismissively- "welcome to motherhood." Within a few days after discharge my fever was 104, I could not see out of one eye and was quite ill. I called the on call number and the nurse who responded told me to take some Tylenol and a tepid bath and that probably just I had mastitis. After taking some Tylenol, and a tepid bath, my fever was still hovering at 104+. I called back the on call number and told the nurse I was going to the ER and asked which ER I should go to - I wound up at Woman's. Dr. Lee was there and immediately diagnosed me with some sort of uterine infection and pumped me up with antibiotics and admitted me. My symptoms worsened at an alarmingly rapid rate upon admission. I developed very loose bowels and my abdomen distended incredibly, and I began to lose weight and hair. After an agonizing week, during much of that week I was unconscious, one of Dr. Lees partners finally took some action and ran tests and made a lifesaving diagnosis! Never during this time was my primary car physician notified. After that ordeal, I still gave Dr. Lee the benefit of the doubt. I made a special follow up appointment with Dr. Lee personally to discuss what exactly had happened and what impact this could have on my future health and chances of having another successful pregnancy. At the appointment, after waiting an unusually long time, she popped her head in and said she did not have time to talk with me. I attempted several more times to have that face to face appointment, all to no avail. Needless to say, I have since changed doctors, years have passed and my questions remain unanswered.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1989
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Sharon J Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLouisiana Women's Healthcare Associates, 500 Rue De La Vie St Ste 100, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharon J Lee in this video.
Dr. Sharon J Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.