More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharon F Libit has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I was very disappointed with the care Dr. Libit provided to my infant daughter. It seemed as though the doctor's treatment of my daughter changed drastically when my insurance coverage changed. Because I was on state insurance (after having a PPO), she felt the need to mention that I was on "public aid" every couple of minutes. I had brought my daughter in serveral times for recurring upper respiratory infections and the doctors (Dr. Sharon Libit and Dr. Sapp) kept telling me that she was fine and that they couldn't do anything for her. My daughter's speech was delayed as a result of these infections because she heard everyone as if she were underwater and could not properly say words. I believe that the mistreatment and lack of care provided by the doctors in this practice led to the prolonged suffering of my daughter as well as her delayed speech, need for speech therapy for over a year, and the need for tubes to be put in her ears. I changed pediatricians and within weeks my daughter was doing better. The pediatrician we use now actually cares about my daughter and her heath, regardless of the type of insurance coverage we have.
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Sharon F Libit accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFelissa B Kreindler Md, 6475 Washington St Ste 103, Gurnee, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharon F Libit in this video.
Dr. Sharon F Libit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gurnee, IL.