Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sharon R Mcgeeney has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sharon R Mcgeeney has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sharon R Mcgeeney has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 3
My biggest complaint is I never see a Doctor, not even on my first visit. The Physicians Assistant is all I have ever seen and I think she is assistant to several Doctors. I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and Gout. Medicines are not explained well and I have to do my own research and suggest treatments. I was told if I needed medication I could call and get a refill. It seems the rules of the office change without notification to the patients. Everyone is friendly and it isn't a long wait. But, I feel I am paying to see someone who is not there. And, I don't know the rules. I had to call for my gout pain medication to be refilled. I called at 9 am and again at 2pm. I was told on the second call that the Doctor would take care of it between patients. The medication was never called in. I called at 5:30 and the office was closed and I spoke with the answering service, who in turn connected me to the Doctor on call. I was told it usually take 48 hours to get a refill by phone. I was also asked if this medication was important or could it wait. Pain medication for gout is VERY IMPORTANT. I really am not happy with the office and the way people are treated. The PA has been very nice and I am sure he will make a great Doctor one day. Why do I have to pay so much to suggest my own treatments?
25 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Legacy Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sharon R Mcgeeney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.