Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharon Nachman
Dr. Sharon Nachman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Brook, NY, with another office in Stony Brook, NY. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Nachman is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital, St Charles Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharon Nachman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- HIV Infections
- Infectious Disease
- Lyme Disease
- Viral Human Hepatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 2
Dr. Nachman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John T Mather Memorial Hospital
St Charles Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
Stony Brook University Hospital
University Hospital SUNY Health Science Center
University Hospital At Stonybrook
University Medical Center At Stony Brook
30 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1983
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Sharon Nachman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharon Nachman in this video.
Dr. Sharon Nachman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.