Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharon Shelanski
Dr. Sharon Shelanski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wynnewood, PA, with another office in Upper Darby, PA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shelanski is affiliated with Lankenau Medical Center, Delaware County Memorial Hospital and -Lankenau Hospital - On staff since 1988. Dr. Shelanski has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Sharon Shelanski has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sharon Shelanski has the following 4 expertise
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Dr. Sharon Shelanski is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shelanski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lankenau Medical Center
Delaware County Memorial Hospital
-Lankenau Hospital - On staff since 1988
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
M L Hospital, Inc Lankenau
-Paoli Hospital - On staff since 1997
Main Line Hospital Paoli
Lankenau Medical Center - On staff since
Roxborough Memorial Hospital
Riddle Memorial Hospital
Lankenau Hospi, Wynnewood, Pa
-Bryn Mawr Hospital - On staff since 1997
Taylor Hospital - Crozer Chester
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Graduated in 1983
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Sharon Shelanski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sharon Shelanski in this video.
Dr. Sharon Shelanski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wynnewood, PA.