Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharon L Zellis has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Sharon L Zellis has the following 10 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 5 of 12
I've been a patient of Dr. Zellis for almost 20 years and require six month visits for skin cancer scans. I have always been pleased with the Dr. Zellis' treatment until a recent horrible experience. The practice changed office policy requiring patients to agree to paying a 25% additional costs for use of a collections agency for unpaid debt. I have never been delinquent in paying my bills and have sign agreements which makes me responsible for payment regardless of insurance claims. Many businesses use collections agencies for unpaid debts. However, there are times when claims are filed incorrctly by the provider and straightening out the issues with the insurance companies takes time. Adding a collections agency to the process with an additional fee of 25% of the debt just creates more ptoblems for those of us who pay our debts. The idea of assessing a fee on top of an unpaid debt just doesn't make sense. Think about it, if you can't collect the money due, what makes you think you are going to collect another 25% on top. My treatment by the office finance manager and Dr. zellis was appalling! While in the office for my six month visit, I was told Dr. Zellis will not treat me without signing the new policy document. Finance policy over healthcare treatment. Unprofessional and Disgusting! Now, I need to wait another 3-6 months with a new provider and hope no new cancers are found! Find a dermotology practice which cares more about their patients' health than their office policies!
Dr Zellis is competent. However it's very difficult to get a patient receipt indicating the procedure that was performed at an office visit (typically *nothing* specified on receipt other than fee patient paid).
I saw Dr. Zellis last year for the first time. She was great, answered my questions, spent time with me etc. To my surprise when I went back this year, it was like a different person was with me. She was rushing, belittling, gave me an eyeroll and questioned the truth of something I said. She gave me no advice nor did she ask me if I had any questions. I'm thinking twice about returning to her as a patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Sharon L Zellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Associates, 1260 Valley Forge Rd Ste 101, Phoenixville, PA
Dr. Sharon L Zellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenixville, PA.