Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shashi Agarwal
Dr. Shashi Agarwal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Orange, NJ, with other offices in East Orange, NJ and Elizabeth, NJ (and 1 other location). He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Agarwal is affiliated with East Orange General Hospital, Trinitas Hospital and Trinitas Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Shashi Agarwal has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Holistic Health
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 7
I took my father into Dr. Agarwal's office because he was complaining of Chest Pain. Dr. Agarwal rrdered a whole battery of tests on my father that included a Nuclear Stress Test, Nerve Conduction Test, Echocardiogram, ultrasounds of the legs, a Balance Test (I have no idea what this is), etc. He provided absolutely no reports. I don't know how he is in practice. We went to another Cardiologist in Millburn at the direction of a friend and were told that all those tests should never have been ordered and we may end up being responsible for a huge bill because these tests did not seem to be medically necessary. It has been over a year and I have yet to get a bill and it looks like all those tests were paid from our Medicare benefit explanation.
I had a terrible experience and will never reccomend this doctor to anyone. He was late to both appointments. He didn't even have the decency to give me the results. I had to get the results from his staff and when I asked for an explanation of the results I was told to try back later in the week. He didn't provide me with any solution for treatment. I will get a second opinion. Its upsetting to know that he does not care about the health of his patients.
Dr. Agarwal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Orange General Hospital
Trinitas Regional Medical Center
39 Years Experience
Grant Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Shashi Agarwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shashi Agarwal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Orange, NJ.