Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shashi A Kumar
Dr. Shashi A Kumar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Kumar is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital and MetroSouth Medical Center. Dr. Kumar has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shashi A Kumar has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shashi A Kumar has the following 18 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Drug Allergy
- Preventive Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Kumar was my nieces and nephew doctor until they turned 18 and my 3 children have gone to Dr Kumar for the past 14 years and we all absolutely LOVE her! She is so knowledgeable, caring and sweet. Great bedside manner. She always makes you feel comfortable and satisfied with her treatments/diagnoses. Also the staff has been wonderful with getting an appointment as soon as needed. We can be seen sometimes within the next hr of calling, with no long waiting once we arrive. I also love the fact that she remembers my children and their health histories each time we go without having to continuous review their files. There was a brief time we moved out of state and my children had to see another dr. and all of them kept saying how much they missed Dr Kumar including their father! But now that we are back in Illinois we have returned to her office, the drive is a little longer since we dont live in the city, but always worth it!
My family has seen Dr. Kumar for over 20 years. She listens to both the children and their parents and is a very competent physician. It is not difficult at all to get an appointment. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Shashi A Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Pediatrics Associates Sc, 6374 N Lincoln Ave Ste 203, Chicago, IL
Dr. Shashi A Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.