Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shashi K Prabhakar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shashi K Prabhakar has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Dr. Shashi K Prabhakar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
I found this whole outfit under par. The nurses were loud, eating and non-responsive - like everything was a joke. When my chest has been hurting for three weeks, I want some kind of assurance - not a bunch of silly acting staff/personnel - this is MY heart. I waited 11 days for my test results AND only then because I called them. The techs who handled my tests were so off the grid that if I didn't have pains in my chest before I did when I left there. One of them had her radio on so loud and was singing along to the point I couldn't hear when she said something to me...soooooo unprofessional. The nurse who did the stress test all of a sudden became the DOCTOR....she said I had a "bundle" and that it would be a thorn in my side for the rest of my life....I was left standing out in the hallway with nobody explaining to me what a "bundle" was and if I could leave, make a follow up appointment - over four hours and I never saw a doctor. I have made at least five phone calls to their office regarding a blood pressure prescription with never, never a call back - finally had to go to my primary on a Friday evening and see if she would refill it for me. Today is Wednesday - I called three times on Friday. Was told nurse was at lunch. Next nurse said "I will text him (doctor) and see if he answers me"...obviously, there was never a connection because I haven't heard from him or his nurse (Cheryl) since. I have reported this group to my insurance company also. Sad, sad group.
26 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners/Michigan State University
Dr. Shashi K Prabhakar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Of Va, 7001 Forest Ave Ste 200, Richmond, VA
Dr. Shashi K Prabhakar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.