Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Yorktown, IN. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 7
My first visit was very good. She spent a lot of time with me and helped me get started with some medications I had been taking . The staff was very nice and friendly and I got in and quickly. I also like the fact that if you need blood work it is very easy and quick there. I see another Doctor at this facility for Diabetes .
Sorry, but I'm being truthful. This is one of the poorest doctors I've ever seen. I dreaded going to see her. She was mainly interested in getting off work at 4:00. She had obviously not done any reviews on my health. Had no idea how to treat me. Prescribed the wrong meds for me. She should be FIRED!
On first meeting her, she was obviously of Asian Indian ancestry. On speaking with her, she has obviously spent most, if not all, of her life in the U.S.A. If you google her, you will find she is from Indiana, which seems to have a thriving community of people of Indian ancestry.She is competent, caring, and deliberate in her diagnoses, and in her attempts to prescribe a course of treatment to help her patients. If a medication she prescribes doesn't have the desired effect, she does not hesitate to prescribe an alternative medicine.I've been under her care for about two years now, and I have the highest regard for her ability as a Doctor of Medicine. I also find here easy to communicate with her about my medical problems. She listens well.
31 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Illinois
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & DirectionsIu Health Ball Memorial Physicians, 1420 S Pilgrim Blvd, Yorktown, IN
Dr. Shashi P Puttaswamy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yorktown, IN.