Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shashikala Ameneni
Dr. Shashikala Ameneni, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesa, AZ. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Diseasettcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ameneni is affiliated with Banner Baywood Medical Center. Dr. Ameneni has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Shashikala Ameneni has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shashikala Ameneni has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shashikala Ameneni - Posted on April 9th, 2014
This doctor exhibits rare and uncommon care and compassion. The respect and dignity shown to my mother while under her care was unlike any that I have ever experienced. She treated my mother in a long term care facility, treatment was very difficult due to complications and side eve of the different drugs necessary to treat her antibiotic resistant virus. She worked closely with her peers to coordinate care, and made herself available to me anytime. I am confident that had any other doctor been assigned to my mother, she would not be alive today!
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ameneni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University
Dr. Shashikala Ameneni Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Shashikala Ameneni's office for more information.
1400 S Dobson Rd Mesa, AZ : (480) 412-3000
Locations & DirectionsBANNER DESERT MEDICAL CENTER, 1400 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Shashikala Ameneni is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.