Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shashita R Inamdar has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I liked the doctor very much. the lady that scheduled me was really nice and took the time to explain all the directions and paperwork. she assured me I would be ok and she was right. I would recommend this group to everyone I know. I also like getting called to remind me. the personal touch instead of a machine!!!!
Very professional, empathetic, compassionate- I am lucky to have found a doctor who puts my interests above everything else. We had to switch insurances, and she immediately waived her fees, gave me samples and helped our family through this difficult period Achieve office is calm, soothing and you feel relaxed just entering the waiting area
Dr Inamdar is amazing. She is compassionate, caring, will always ask me about my medicines, even if she has her chart open ; will confirm everything and that reassures me. She applies a holistic approach - looking at yoga, nutritional supplements, exercise and spends time educating me about my illness, treatment options and approaches. She is updated with new technologies, well-read and is not afraid to look up something new - I love when she says " let me talk to an expert, read up and find out"
Amazing doctor and amazing person. Went above and beyond to help my family through the crisis. Did not jump into medications , but did not hesitate to recommend them ( 2 months later), when it was necessary. Collaborated with my primary care doctor. Empathetic, non judgemental and really related to me as a person
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
12 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Shashita R Inamdar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shashita R Inamdar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.