Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shaun S Ehsani has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I will write full review from my ipad tomorrow. Too difficult on smartphone. Just want to say tonight if anyone is considering an appointment with this man I strongly suggest you forget or cancel. My experience was not something I will repeat. Just my opinion. My advice - no sick person should waste time and energy even if free with this person.
This review is specific to Dr. Ehsani who is an extremely unprofessional doctor at JMG. Every test he orders for me I have to call the office multiple times leaving messages for him before he will return my call with the results. Additionally he does not listen to my symptoms and medical history before jumping to false diagnoses and thus unnecessary and unhelpful prescriptions. The way in which Dr. Ehsani speaks to me is as if I am a small child. For example, when asking if I was constipated he instead asked "You go poopoo?" in a baby like voice. At my most recent appointment, Dr. Ehsani interrupted me to tell me that his girlfriend recently broke up with him and therefor he has has recently had to increase his anti-depressant dosage. At the same appointment Dr. Ehsani said he was referring me to a gastroenterologist and to call them that afternoon to make an appointment, however when I called the receptionist said he did not send the referral. Only after several phone calls and a day later was the referral finally in place. Keep in mind all of these occurances happened within a 2 week span during which i've been in severe abdominal pain with headaches, fevers and dizziness. Dr. Ehsani has been anything but helpful, I'm not sure if he thinks his actions are humorous but they certainly aren't to me nor do I think they would be to anyone else who is seeking reliable medical advice.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shaun S Ehsani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDouglas Ray Jackson Md, 5333 Hollister Ave Ste 110, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Shaun S Ehsani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.