Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shaun P Wood has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Shaun P Wood has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 37
Dr. Wood yelled at me at the end of my visit when I asked him to write me my prescription. The appt is 300 dollars out of pocket. Isn’t that the whole point? He yelled, “I don’t have time to write your prescriptions!” What a jerk. I shelled out $300 each visit to be treated like that. I’m a sucker. I took the hostility personally too until my sister told me she had a similar interaction with him. Jerk. Go elsewhere. It obvious that he has his own struggles that get in the way of treating his patients. He shouldn’t be seeing patients.
Over a 20 year period I have been treated for a combination of O.C.D. and P.T.S.D., I was Inpatient and evaluated by 3 different professionals over the 20 years. His Diagnosis was a bad childhood and I should not act in a way my Illness manifests itself. I feel that he is very poor at his profession, but he is a very good and typing because that's all he did during are consultation.
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. Shaun P Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsASPIRE INDIANA INC, 697 Pro-Med Ln, Carmel, IN
Dr. Shaun P Wood is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Carmel, IN.