Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawki Zuabi has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Shawki Zuabi has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Shawki Zuabi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shawki Zuabi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 8
I went to Emergency at Orange Coast Memorial I had severe pain in my lower back where I could barely walk Dr Zuabi was very nice and patient he ordered a shot for pain for my herniated disk that the nurse Nicole gave me and she was also gentle and compassionate. I would recommend this emergency room it was the best experience I have had in an emergency room.
This is the Dr. you want attending. To the point and very matter-of-fact. i could not ask for better care. He was the ER Dr. in this case. I saw him go from a performing CPR, to attending to me... For just a case of paronychis (inflamed nailbed),(perhaps MRSA). A professional in every way and right on the money!!!
Dr. Zuabi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna
Graduated in 1985
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Shawki Zuabi accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Emergency Physicians Medical Group, 9920 Talbert Ave, Fountain Valley, CA
Dr. Shawki Zuabi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.