Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shawky A Hassan has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shawky A Hassan has the following 16 expertise
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Drug Allergy
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Shawky A Hassan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shawky A Hassan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
I have been a patient of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology for about two years. I think the doctors there are the kindest doctors I have ever met. I suffer from asthma, allergy and other various health conditions. During my first examination, my doctor really listened to my entire, long medical history and asked me many questions. He also paid attention to all my concerns and gave me various options to proceed with my health care. He seems to really care about his patients and do his best to make me feel comfortable. Thanks Allergy, Asthma and Immunology for making it easier to breath.
I have extremely bad allergies. My sinuses, eyes, hives, asthma. I have never had a doctor who has relieved my symptoms with a complete treatment plan. I was very sick and scared because my other doctors seemed casual and hurried and didn't dig into how to really treat my underlying condition. Dr. Hassan took control of the situation and I have never felt better in my life. Thank God.
Dr. Hassan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hurley Medical Center
Dr. Shawky A Hassan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsALLERGY AND ASTHMA CENTER PC, 1146 S Linden Rd, Flint, MI
Dr. Shawky A Hassan is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Flint, MI.