Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawn E Cotton has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shawn E Cotton has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Shawn E Cotton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
This office fails miserably in its treatment of patients. It is not the doctors who are a problem but the office .Staff is unfriendly , phone calls are not returned and messages or recommendations are delivered inadequately and poorly. With better leadership and a stronger emphasis on the patients rather then on the needs of the staff this could be a great office. I hope somebody within recognizes these shortcomings and train their offuce staff better in their manners and delivery , or fire the whole lot and start fresh with a new team.
Dr. Cotton is by far the best doctor I have ever had, and I have had many doctors of all kinds over my long life. He is extremely knowledgeable, and honest; he gives you all the information about any conditions or tests you may have. I was blessed enough to have him take over my parents care during their last years, and his treatment of them was superb --a comfort to them and our family. When you are his patient he remembers you and any treatments and conditions you may have. He listens when you talk, and he takes the time to thoroughly answer any questions you may have. He is not one of these doctors who grabs your chart when he comes in the door to remind himself who you are, give you a once over and then quickly direct you to the check-out. I always get his opinions on any diagnosis and treatment from a specialist who often think only of his area of medicine and disregard your overall quality of my life. I recommend him most highly.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
28 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1990
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Shawn E Cotton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Aurora Family Practice, 112 Olean St Ste 220, East Aurora, NY
Dr. Shawn E Cotton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Aurora, NY.