Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawn M Magee has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lung Cancer
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I had to go for a sleep study at the Stormont Vail Sleep Center. I went almost 4 weeks ago and I have called 3 times.for my results. Today I found out that The Dr had prescribed a C-pap for me 2 weeks ago but no one had bothered to call me. I am furious. I would never suggest anyone use this doctor. I'm glad I wasn't needing treatment for something life threatening.
I really like Dr Magee. He is very helpful and if you think of something that might work for you he will take your suggestion and try it. He is very caring and even though he is on me for my smoking, I know he is only thinking of my health. He is geniune, I wish more Dr.s could have his bedside manner.
30 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Shawn M Magee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCotton-O'Neil Clinic, 823 SW Mulvane St Ste 320, Topeka, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shawn M Magee in this video.
Dr. Shawn M Magee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Topeka, KS.