Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawn H Obi has the following 1 specialty
- Colonic Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Endocrine Disorders
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Digestive System Abnormalities
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My husband had to have an emergency surgery and we are so thankful that Dr. Obi was on call that night... we could not have asked for better care... He was not only prompt and compassionate with my husband but also me. In my opinion he went above and beyond to make sure I was informed of what was happening during this traumatic experience. He is wonderful!!!
While not a patient of Dr. Obi's, he was the on call surgeon when my mother was admitted to the hospital. I found Dr. Obi to be exceptionally professional and caring. He spent quite a while explaining things to us and even came back the next day just to check on my mom, even though he didn't end up doing surgery on her. We were very impressed!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Shawn H Obi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Allegiance Health Hospital, 205 N East Ave, Jackson, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shawn H Obi in this video.
Dr. Shawn H Obi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MI.