Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawn X Wu has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Muscle Spasticity
- Surgery Recovery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Was sent to Dr. Wu by my life long family MD, after a injury. Dr. Wu does send as much time with you to the point that I fully understand my pain issues, why, and what can and cannot be done. Also,what is expected of me and what he can do as my Dr. There is a 20-45 wait, but I find he spends whatever time he needs with each person even if there is a delay in apts. I have never felt rushed in the office, and do feel he has my best interest in hand and goes beyond just filling RX medication.
Dr. Wu nailed my pain on the first vist over 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it I suffered from chronic pain after a rear end auto accident. Needless to say I tried chiropatic care, massage therapy, my MD, physical threapy, and many ER visits. It was Dr. Wu that was able to help me the best. Yes, I will forever have chronic pain but now its monitored correctly, however, Dr. Wu's speality is highly regulated by the DEA which should be illegal because it prevents those who have chronic pain from getting the best care. For those that have chronic pain have had problems getting proper care because of the abusers, liars, manipulators that cause problems for the rest of us. Also when you tell your other doctors that you see a pain management doctor they immediatially think you have a drug problem and refuses to work with Dr. Wu, which is embrassing because that is not my issue what so ever. I agree Dr.Wu's staff are not friendly or understand the patients problems. I wish Dr. Wu would educate his staff because if you have to deal with his staff in between appointments w/Dr.Wu they just intensify your pain a whole lot more and do not help you. The waiting time is long but when its your turn with Dr. Wu he is not rushing you and treats you with respect and understanding. I do recommend him but beware of his staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Shandong Medical University
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Shawn X Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shawn X Wu is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Gulfport, MS.