Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawn D Zeltwanger has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Shawn D Zeltwanger has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Shawn D Zeltwanger has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 33
Was very through. He was very nice & informative. This was only my 1st appt but I'm so glad he didn't want to change everything my old doc ws already doing. He did make one change but he discussed it with me first. His staff was ALL very kind & informative. I'd highly recommend him even though I hate heartland health system/mosaic & I'm not easily impressed.
I have never in my life been treated so poorly, I was not helped and at the time no insurance so I wasted my money to not get treated. I was arrogant and rude and very inconsiderate of any pain you were feeling. What is the point if he doesn't do anything to help you. I was completely disgusted with his manner and his attitude and I would never go back to that clinic or recommend that clinic to anyone!!!!!! He didn't even spend more then 7 or 8 mins I was asking him questions as he was walking out the door.
This Dr is way over rated. He is very arrogant and slightly unprofessional as is some of his office staff. He left me in pain after prescribing a pain mrd thst made me very sick and refused an other medication for my pain. I HA\\
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Shawn D Zeltwanger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHeartland Orthopedics & Sports, 802 N Riverside Rd Ste 100, Saint Joseph, MO
Dr. Shawn D Zeltwanger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Joseph, MO.