Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shawna Deeves has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 21
I was seeking help for panic/anxiety. Dr. Deeves did not show any interest in discussing anything other than going through a checklist of possible reasons to prescribe anti anxiety medication. She is very unwelcoming and detached. She is very soft spoken so it was my task to listen very closely. Several times I had to ask her to repeat the question. I was very nervous going in, hoping for some feeling of security. I left feeling more anxious than when I got there. I will be looking for another physician.
Prescribed SSRIs without taking patient off a previously prescribed SSRI, danger of serotonin toxicity had someone not caught this error was extremely high. Somewhat difficult to speak to, but tried to evaluate doctor based solely on treatment. Frequently changed medications without remaining on therapeutic dose long enough to see if the drugs were actually having an effect. Refused to return calls regarding a refill of a medication that patient was working up to therapeutic dose. Abruptly changed medications without reaching therapeutic dose stating noncompliance with titration, despite patient making it clear that no doses were missed. Prescribed medication that had serious side effects despite other options being available that had minimal or no side effects that had not been tested. Has suffered disciplinary action in the past, included a suspension of practice due to concerns for her patients well-being.
Dr. Shawna Deeves accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shawna Deeves is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.