Dr. Shawna Deeves Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Shawna Deeves?

Awful experience

Posted on November 8th, 2017

Extremely cold. Told me my medication was making it worse. Continuously pointed out negatives and left me feeling hopeless and suicidal.

First visit, last visit

Posted on October 21st, 2017

I was seeking help for panic/anxiety. Dr. Deeves did not show any interest in discussing anything other than going through a checklist of possible reasons to prescribe anti anxiety medication. She is very unwelcoming and detached. She is very soft spoken so it was my task to listen very closely. Several times I had to ask her to repeat the question. I was very nervous going in, hoping for some feeling of security. I left feeling more anxious than when I got there. I will be looking for another physician.

Recommend

Posted on August 23rd, 2017

Dr.Deeves has treated me for several problems in the last year. She is always prompt, empathetic, kind and compassionate. I would recommend her and AMHG to anyon seeking mental health treatment..

Incompetent or malicious

Posted on January 6th, 2017

Prescribed SSRIs without taking patient off a previously prescribed SSRI, danger of serotonin toxicity had someone not caught this error was extremely high. Somewhat difficult to speak to, but tried to evaluate doctor based solely on treatment. Frequently changed medications without remaining on therapeutic dose long enough to see if the drugs were actually having an effect. Refused to return calls regarding a refill of a medication that patient was working up to therapeutic dose. Abruptly changed medications without reaching therapeutic dose stating noncompliance with titration, despite patient making it clear that no doses were missed. Prescribed medication that had serious side effects despite other options being available that had minimal or no side effects that had not been tested. Has suffered disciplinary action in the past, included a suspension of practice due to concerns for her patients well-being.

PSYCH DR. DEEVES SUSPENDED

Posted on July 12th, 2016

I'd never recommend Dr. D to any of my loved ones. Chose 1 star - no other choice. Other wise, she would have zero stars. 1st experience is & will be my last. I ended up leaving her office feeling worse. I felt a sense of annoyance & irritability from her. Felt like I was interrupting her lunch time. I told her all of my past experience w/ doctors & my diagnostics. She handed me a card to a rehab facility & told me if I felt suicidal again call them & "good luck." SHE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SEE PATIENTS. PERIOD.

Posted on January 18th, 2016

The doctor is very easy to talk to. She is extremely intelligent and knowledgable!

huge disappointment

Posted on December 12th, 2013

a complete disaster

Seeing Dr.Deeves

Posted on March 22nd, 2011

A good friend of mine has been seeing Dr.Deeves for several years. She recommended I see her for the problems I have been having. I did not think anyone would understand everything I have been through, but Dr.Deeves did understand. She has been an incredible source of support for me. She is very kind and easy to talk too. She is also very up to date clinically on all the latest research. I highly recommend her to my friends and family.

Very Professional and Caring

Posted on February 14th, 2011

-Happy Patient

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr.Deeves for close to 2 years. She has helped me tremendously. She is the only psychiatrist that could get my medications right. I feel like a new person seen I've been seeing her. She has an excellent bedside manner and I would highl recommend her to anyone looking for a good psychiatrist.

Posted on March 9th, 2010

Overall experience was excellent.Staff were very friendly. Short wait time.Doctor very kind and understanding. Seemed very up to date on clinical treatments in the field.

Happy Patient

Posted on December 9th, 2009

excellent care, great staff very satisfied. Will continue to see her. Great care.