Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shayna B Tomchin MD
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, WV, with another office in Portsmouth, OH. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology and General Practice. She speaks English.
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin has 2 locations
3200 Maccorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV 25304
Book Online Now
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin has the following 3 expertise
- Blood Testing
- Tissue Biopsy
- Fluid Testing
16 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Shayna B Tomchin's office for more information.
3200 Maccorkle Ave SE Charleston, WV : (304) 388-5432
1805 27th St Portsmouth, OH : (740) 356-8681
More about Dr. Shayna B Tomchin
Shayna Beth Tomchin, MD is a Board Certified Pathologist. She is a graduate of the University School of Medicine where she completed her residency. Dr. Tomchin serves SMH patients through an agreement with SVI Laboratories of Charleston. If you are this physician and would like to add additional information you can submit your Auto-Biography directly to the webmaster. Please supply about 2 to 3 paragraphs of information that our site visitors will find interesting and informative. We will email you instructions for emailing your preferred photo. Submit your Auto-Biography Here.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shayna B Tomchin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, WV.