Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shea O Ross has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Ross was very pleasant and explained everything in a thoughtful manner. The young woman who took my blood pressure was an angry person who looked as if her dog had died. I hadn't slept well the night before. I made the unfortunate mistake of asking her twice how her day was going...her reply "Is there any particular reason you've asked me that twice?" I said a prayer for her. The man at the front desk was fine. The woman who checked me out was fine.
My adult daughter went to see him because she had had pain and bloating after eating for quite a while to the point where she was hardly able to eat 300 calories a day and was losing weight. Dr. Ross came in, sat at his computer and starting typing while my daughter was explaining her problems. He then declared that she probably had IBS without even touching her or looking at her! He did run the standard GI tests which all came back normal so he told her that she was fine and to keep doing what she was doing!!! She was in pain every day and could hardly eat and HE DIDN'T GET IT!!!
On one occasion called office and left message asking for an appointment for an acute abdominal pain. Did not receive call back for five (5) days after leaving a message on the second and third day. On second occassion called and left message requesting an appointment and never received a call back. If you have an acute gastro issue don't expect any reponse from this office.
Dr. Ross is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Shea O Ross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDigestive Disease Associates, 6400 W Newberry Rd Ste 302, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shea O Ross in this video.
Dr. Shea O Ross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.