Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheba Khalid has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I will not return to an office where the doctor makes you feel worse, doesn't take the time to read the files sent and treats their patients as an inconvenience. I have worked almost 7 years on getting better after a head injury and felt as though I was back at the beginning. As I have worked with those with mental illness I know you don't belittle the consumer/patient to the point they leave the office crying. I know it will take a little more for me to trust another psychiatrist on my next visit. I only needed the knowledge of my medication, not someone making me doubt myself.
Every time I've been there I've had to wait about 25 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. On my last visit however I waited 50 minutes. Nobody acknowledged me after I checked in. I walked out. I am not going back. I refuse to wait that long for a five minute appointment. Even during the appointment she seems almost mechanical and mostly just wants to push brand name medications.
Western Missouri Mental Health Center
Dr. Sheba Khalid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohnson County Psychiatry Llc, 10965 Granada Ln Ste 102, Leawood, KS
Dr. Sheba Khalid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leawood, KS.