Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shefali K Shah has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I came here for a bad earache since I could not get in with my regular doctor. The staff was ok, a bit harried but they processed my paperwork quickly and I was seen fairly quickly. At first impression, this woman is very young, I think she is a new graduate. Either she didn't do her residency or didn't pay attention, because she can't diagnose for scrap! She asked me a few basic quesitons and then did a quick exam and came back with my prescription saying I had an ear infection. I didn't think I did, since I didn't have a fever, cold, or other associated symptoms but I didn't want ot argue. Overall she was quite snobbish, rude, and impatient, so I just wanted to get out of there. I took the medication and when the earache didn't improve, I went back to my regular doctor who immediately suspected an impacted wisdom tooth and sent me to a dentist who took care of it (ugh). Needless to say I never will go back to her. I decided to post this becuase I was talking to a colleage of mine who went to school with her and that person also confirmed what I thought of her -- that even in school she was very mean with her classmates who didnt meet her "snobbery" standards. Apparently she hasn't grown up one bit and now just has a doctor facade to wear over her immaturity. See her mother, Indira Shah, who is much more experienced and genuine, than this fake!
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Dr. Shefali K Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shefali K Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.