Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shehzad M Malik has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Infectious Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Malik is a wonderful physician, and very good with helping my elderly mother and I understand her condition. He answers questions with patience and clarity, and is a compassionate human being too. His approach is merciful and conservative, taking the age and condition of the patient into account in regards to drugs and tests. The ONLY bummer about this office has nothing to do with the doctor himself. The office uses a scheduling system that does not allow appointments to be made "too far out" in time. Consequently, every time we leave and try to make our next appointment, we're told to call in a month or two, leaving the onus on the patient. The doc himself is fabulous, and it's worth dealing with this bureaucratic snafu to work with him.
Dr. Malik is an extremely caring and complete doctor. He is one of the few doctors I know that calls me personally with my lab results. He never rushes me and allows me to ask as many questions I need to in order to understand my treatment. I travel a great distance to see but it is definitely worth it.
My experience with Dr. Malik has been such that he made me feel guilty for having a genetic heart condition. The whole appointment barely lasted 10 minutes. He is highly inexperienced, and tends to make the patient feel belittled.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shehzad M Malik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shehzad M Malik in this video.
Dr. Shehzad M Malik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.