Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed - Posted on May 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed - Posted on March 4th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed - Posted on November 20th, 2012
This is one of the worst general practitioner sites I have ever been. I had an appointment all set for 11AM and when I walked in the waiting room was completely filled. It took more than 2 hours to be seen by the PA. I should mention that this appointment was for something as simple as going over blood work results. this is something that most doctors will just talk to the patient over the phone if a visit is not warranted. However this office insists that the patient come in for blood work, probably to get more insurance compensation. I HAD TO WAIT OVER 2 HOURS TO GO OVER BLOOD WORK RESULTS.I also had an appointment earlier this year after I had been in a car accident and I was set on my way after they prescribed pain pills. I returned a month later because I could not tolerate the pain pills. It was at this time they mentioned something about physical therapy. THEY FORGOT TO GIVE ME A PHYSICAL THERAPY REFERRAL AFTER MY CAR ACCIDENT.I AM SWITCHING DOCTORS AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS GP TO MY WORST ENEMY.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed - Posted on June 8th, 2012
I had to wait a long time, over an hour, to see the doctor. Staff there was very unprofessional and when I finally saw Dr. Ahmed, he spent less than 3 minutes with me, was in a rush, and gave me the wrong diagnosis. I got sicker thereafter and had to go to another doctor. Never going back to this place again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed - Posted on April 26th, 2010
I go to the Meriden office on a regular basis. Everyone in the office has always been great to me including the doctor. The only big problem is the wait sometimes. Making an appointment means nothing you might as well just walk-in. It gets so, so busy I have waited as long as an hour and a half. On those visits the Dr. Ahmed usually is overwhelmed so time spent with him is very limited.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sheikh I Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Hartford, CT.