Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheila Y Anderson
Dr. Sheila Y Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, United Medical Center and Fort Washington Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Sheila Y Anderson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sheila Y Anderson has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 2
Dr. Anderson is very caring, compassionate and patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Sheila Y Anderson - Posted on January 27th, 2016
Dr. Sheila Y Anderson is the most caring, compassionate and caring doctor I've ever had the fortune to come across. She was the attending physician for my father when he passed away 2 months ago. I sent her a letter with some questions and concerns. She took the time to call me back very quickly and spent nearly half an hour on the phone answering whatever questions I had. I am eternally grateful to her for her kind deed above and beyond the call of duty.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMEDSTAR WASHINGTON HOSPITAL CENTER, 110 Irving St NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sheila Y Anderson, MD - Internal Medicine in Washington, DC, in this video.
Dr. Sheila Y Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.