Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheila B Patel
Dr. Sheila B Patel, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock and St Davids Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Sheila B Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Surgery Recovery
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
Showing 3 of 3
Having been admitted to hospital for extreme pain progressing from acute to chronic, was very surprised when Patel showed up after 10pm, performed what could only be termed as a cursory exam, less than 4 minutes without my moving from the bed, then made the pronouncement that I should get myself a wheelchair or set of crutches and learn to live with it. Watch yourself out there as these sorts of doctors are to be found throughout the medical industrial complex, practicing medicine as a well paying job as opposed to an interest in science or humanity.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Touro University College Of Osteopathic Medicine New York
Graduated in 2001
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Sheila B Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Diagnostic Clinic, 12221 N MO Pac Expy, Austin, TX
Dr. Sheila B Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.