Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheila E Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Sheila E Brown has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Sheila E Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I was seen by Dr Shiela Brown at the North Central Bronx Hospital and I believe that she deserves a rating of 5 stars. She was very detailed in taking my medical history, she was gentle and thorough in doing my physical examination, and she patiently explained to me my diagnosis and plan of management. I will recommend Dr Shiela Brown to my friends and relatives anytime.
I was repeatedly sent to the ER by a perinatal specialist and she repeatedly sent me home disregarding my symptoms. At 32 weeks pregnant the perinatal doctor sent me back to the ER and told me I was not to leave the ER without beginning the steroid shots to accelerate the baby's lung development. She, once again, decided to send me home. When I said, "Dr. X said I was not to leave without the steroid shots." She looked confused and asked the nurse if she could read my file. She had never even been looking at his notes in all the months I had been coming to L&D triage. I had severe pre-eclampsia and, eventually, HELLP syndrome. My baby was delivered by emergency c-section days later (by another doctor in the practice). My baby was left in the NICU and I was in ICU care. This doctor is a dangerous practitioner and I am, quite frankly, shocked she even still has a license.
Sorry to slam the dr, but she was way off base in helping me on the dr line on a Sunday and then blamed me directly for following the other dr's advice in handling my miscarriage that ended with me needing 40% of my blood replaced. She gave me a horrible feeling and her cruel words and heartless attitude actually haunt me 7 months later. She made a very difficult experience so much more traumatic. I'm not trying to let it stop me from moving on, I just feel it's my responsibility to tell anyone who will listen b/c I'm not so sure she learned anything from the experience. Of course, IF she had taken an ounce of responsibility for our clear lack of communication and not blamed me for "waiting so long" which I did under the other dr's care and open permission. Maybe she has something better to offer other folks and if she has any patients right now I hope that's the case certainly. Nobody deserves to be treated the way she treated me at such a scary and vulnerable time.
24 Years Experience
Wake Forest University
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1000 Walnut St, Lansdale, PA
Dr. Sheila E Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansdale, PA.