Highly Dissatisfied

WONDERFUL

Dr. Issacson was the best pediatrician for our family. She was very helpful with our 9 year old who struggles with reoccurring bed-wetting, and she had a wonderful bedside manner with us on this topic. (At this point, we had sought several interactions with doctors to base this on) In addtion, we had a pediatrician who had told us that it would be impossible for me to nurse our newborn son, this news was devestating. We were moving to formula when we first began seeing Dr. Issacson and told her of our son's digestion issues. She had experience with similar patient issues and had a lot of knowledge with breast- feeding diets, etc. and diagnosed our son with MSPI. With her guidance, I was able to nurse my son until 14 months, which was amazing. Unfortunately, we moved from area and can no longer see Dr. Issacson, but I will always remember how she helped our children and family.

OK

Very nice Dr. but bedside manner is not great. Especially during wellness checks. Ease of getting an appointment is great and her accuracy in diagnosing a problem has always been excellent!

Upset and dismayed!

I doubt that this review will be shown, but it will make me feel better to write it. My 13 year old daughter went to doctor Isaacson 2 times. The first time with conjunctivites. We spoke about my daughter seeming to have asthma as my younger daughter did. She said she would give us a prescript for an inhaler to see if that would help. When we left, no prescription. In August, we went for her 7th grade physical. I can not stress that point enough. We spoke about the shots she would need to enter 7th grade, and how they now needed another vericella vac. to enter 7th grade. I gave permission for the three shots, and we discussed her not having the hpv vaccine,because that would mean 4 injections, and we were on our way to a water park. She had three injections...2 on the left and 1 on the right. Fast forward to Oct. when I am told by the school nurse that she did not have the vac. for chicken pox ie. varicella. If I had not been in the room, I might have said, ok, but I was there. The nurse called the office, and was told my daughter hadn't had it. Then I called, after double checking with my daughter on how many shots she had had, and her telling me 3. The nurse said she would check, and call me the next day, which she did. I gave her all the information,and stressed if Nebraska law says 7th grade children have to have this, and we are in for a 7th grade physical, WHY would the shot NOT be given. She agreed with me, told me she would check with the doctor, and get back with me that afternoon. That was Wednesday. Today (Monday) I made the call back. I was told that my daughter would have to have the injection again. I told her how displeased I was with the incompetence, and now my daughter had to suffer. She told me she was sorry, but that was the only way they would know she had had it, and I could come back in to get it. I asked how I knew it would be recorded this time, she said,"Oh we will make sure." And followed that I would get a copy. I asked why I hadn't gotten a copy the last time, she told me it was FAXED to the school. HELLO, again, 7th grade physical varicella vaccine REQUIRED, you faxed it TO THE SCHOOL, and you are still telling me she didn't get it, and now you want me to trust you with my child again? Not going to happen. I should have been called by the doctor herself. My father was a doctor for 50 years. I know, for a fact, because I worked for him, that he would admit the mistake, call me himself, would have also talked to my chid, and if he HAD to give the shot again, he would do it himself and at his own expense. (No, we weren't charged for the injection, not the point) I can no longer trust this medical facility with the health and well being of my children or family. I understand that mistakes happen, but double and triple checks should be made when it involves children. These are the risks of this vaccine:Mild ProblemsSoreness or swelling where the shot was given (about 1 out of 5 children and up to 1 out of 3 adolescents and adults) Fever (1 person out of 10, or less) Mild rash, up to a month after vaccination (1 person out of 25). It is possible for these people to infect other members of their household, but this is extremely rare. Note: The first dose of MMRV vaccine has been associated with rash and higher rates of fever than MMR and varicella vaccines given separately. Rash has been reported in about 1 person in 20 and fever in about 1 person in 5. Seizures caused by a fever are also reported more often after MMRV. These usually occur 5-12 days after the first dose.Moderate ProblemsSeizure (jerking or staring) caused by fever (very rare). Severe ProblemsPneumonia (very rare) Other serious problems, including severe brain reactions and low blood count, have been reported after chickenpox vaccination. These happen so rarely experts cannot tell whether they are caused by the vaccine or not. If they are, it is extremely rare.This information was taken directly from the Varicella VIS [PDF - 43KB] (This information taken from Varicella VIS dated 3/13/08. If the actual VIS is more recent than this date, the information on this page needs to be updated.)My daughter will now have to have them within 3 months of each other. Where does he blame lie? You tell me. The only person I know who is blameless in this, is my daughter, and she is the one who will suffer. This all saddens, frustrates, and angers me, because overall, I liked Dr Isaacson. But, this level of incompetence either on the staff level, or doctor's level, and the total disregard to my daughter's feelings, fears, safty, well being, on the part of Dr. Isaacson after being briefed on this, makes me sure that this facility can not be trusted with the care of those I hold most dear. If I put my child in danger (as the Nebraska legislature must think going without this vaccine will do), I would be held accountable. In fact, I am, as my child has been threatened not to be able to continue classes without the shot she has already had. I have no way to hold those that did this accountable, but perhaps, this review will keep others from going through the same.

Dr. Sheila M Isaacson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkhorn, NE.