Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheila M Anderson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Sheila M Anderson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
I've been a patient of Dr. Anderson's for about 5 years. I've found her to be very professional, empathetic, and provided me with excellent services. Dr. Anderson is very easy to talk to and takes time to discuss options. I would highly recommend Dr. Sheila Anderson to my family and friends without hesitation!
I was dismissed from the practice after many years due to (according to the office manager) "being a liar". This was based off of incorrect information given by another provider (at a specialist office). That provider was new to the practice and was let go shortly therafter. The specialists offices involved offered to rectify the situation and to verify my claims with Dr. Anderson but I declined. She never spoke to me regarding the false allegation and dismissed a chronically ill, pregnant patient with no regard for my health without giving me the opportunity to prove myself. I was very disappointed as I felt that we had always had a very good professional relationship. On a positive note, after chaanging providers, I was finally correctly diagnosed with a serious genetic condition and was able to receive necessary care that would have otherwise gone untreated. Dr. Anderson provided good care for quite some time. I was disappointed at the lack of judgement shown in the above situation as well as the missed diagnosis.
20 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCarlos A Valladares Do, 112 W Chevalier Ct, Eighty Four, PA
Dr. Sheila M Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eighty Four, PA.