Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheila M Rice has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 47
I have been with Dr Rice for a long time. I appreciate how she listens to me and understands how well I know my body. She seems particularly attuned to the way a woman's body changes over time, and the connection between the body and the mind. And I love how well she understands how important physical activity is to well being. It is also rare to have to wait for a long time at her offices. Things seem to move smoothly.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Sheila M Rice accepts the following insurance providers.
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSheila M Rice Md, 36711 American Way Ste A, Avon, OH
Dr. Sheila M Rice is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Avon, OH.