Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheila L Wright-Scott has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
My second time to this office. The same sad, disappointed, irritating, & frustrating experience that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth! The receptionists are very unprofessional, cold, & lack courtesy. This office have complete disregard for appointment times & does not apologize for it. They seem to double-book & over-book their patients. Patients are everywhere! Not enough sitting for the many patients.They run over 1hr late and act like it does not matter! I arrived 15 mins before my appointment time and the arrogant young girl, who is at the reception called me up to hand me a form to update information 1hr later, after I had already told her there are no changes to the information they already have! It is ridiculous that for my 82years plus mother whom I take here, they will keep her waiting as long as they please and feel no obligation to make her comfortable. The staff walk around tired, feet-dragging, no smile. A very dreary look on both staff & patients whom they succeed at wearing out with the tortious wait! Dr. Scott is alright with doing her thing, but I do not know what training the receptionists & other support staff are provided to make them realize that this is a business that provides services and their service upfront completely sucks! It's time to find another doctor...
It truly baffles me that you walk into an office and the staff doesn't look at you, frowns when you ask them a question and Will not speak. The receptionist walked right passed me waiting outside the office, didn't say good morning, or apologize for being late. FYI, this isn't the first time. It just baffles me that for people to speak is so hard. But to each it's own. I'm not coming back, I gotta endure today only because they have my glasses.
42 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Sheila L Wright-Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSheila Lorraine Wright-Scott Md, 615 W Avenue Q Ste D, Palmdale, CA
Dr. Sheila L Wright-Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palmdale, CA.