Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheldon L Brownstein has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Brownstein made an egregious error in failing to diagnose a serious condition of mine he should have seen and treated. The condition was obvious to everyone at the hospital where I landed, having become sicker as a result of his lack of care. He had seen and signed off on test results of mine corresponding to a worsening condition no fewer than three times. The doctor who diagnosed me was stunned by his neglect. This condition was obvious to a resident just out of medical school, how Dr. Brownstein missed it is alarming to say the least.
38 Years Experience
Universita Campus Biomedico Di Romas
Graduated in 1980
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Dr. Sheldon L Brownstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sheldon L Brownstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pikeville, KY.