4.8

Have you seen Dr. Sheldon R Cober?

Caring and compasionate

Dr. Cober listened and addressed my concerns. I felt very safe.

Dr Perfectionist!

In 2017 Dr Cober reconstructed my bilateral mastectomy. Glad I was able to have him do that as well as a bracioplasty. Both surgeries were done beyond better than what I expected especially for my age of 67. He not only a perfectionist but a fun doctor too! I highly recommend him and his staff AWESOME!

Professional, helpful, knowledgable and artistic

In 2013 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast cancer. After chemo and an unsuccessful lumpectomy, my doctors realized that I would need a full mastectomy and radiation treatments. The problem with radiation is that it makes the tissue inflexible, so if I wanted to ever have two breasts again I had to go with either a DIEP or Tram flap reconstruction. Dr. Cober walked me through my options. He didn't dictate to me what HE thought I should do, but instead helped me to understand my best options for what I wanted. The surgeries were many, and the recovery was intense. But after 4 years (6+ surgeries, 4 tattoo sessions with the fabulous Mary Jane) I finally have a body that I am once again happy with.

Double incision mastectomy, FTM chest reconstruction

Excellent doctor, very knowledgeable and professional; great results

breast re-construction

I would highly recommend Dr. Cober to anyone who wants an honest, kind, and very well-informed surgeon. Right from the start, he answered every question I had and even anticipated the ones that I was too embarrassed to ask. I am so happy with the result of the surgery. I feel great and am so pleased with the way I look for the first time since my lumpectomy 11 years ago. I would definitely use Dr. Cober for any future surgeries.

DIEP reconstruction

I was diagnosed at the age of 35 with stage 3 triple-positive breast cancer. I underwent a bilateral mastectomy, 28 rounds of chemotherapy, radiation, and a complete hysterectomy to follow. At the time of my diagnosis in 2006, I was reconstructed with silicone implants. Over time my body began forming scar tissue around the implant until it became so painful and tight that I had to have another surgery. My choices were either get new implants and wait for history to repeat itself with more future surgeries, or a DIEP reconstruction using my own skin and tissue to reconstruct my breasts. After a year of several meetings and discussions with Dr. Cober as he patiently answered all of my questions, accompanied with hand drawn diagrams  yep after a year I finally had enough courage to do the DIEP reconstruction. This meant I would eliminate any future surgeries regarding implant issues. At the time of my diagnosis my only option was implants, so having another option now was a blessing. I’m here to let you know that if you’re exploring this DIEP reconstruction, look no further Dr. Cober is the absolute best! He listens and hears what you’re saying, he gives you as much time as you need to comfortably make your decision. He understands the mental process involved. But most importantly he’s experienced and with his knowledge, he continues to make his next procedure even better than the last. Since my cancer diagnosis, this is the closest I’ve felt to normal in a very long time! I can finally work out my upper body, chest and arms with no pain, haven’t been able to do that for 10 years. I have no more chest pain from my chest muscle being stretched over an implant. I have the warmth back in my breasts since there is now blood flow there again. And I’ve finally been able to complete my second stage reconstruction after ten years with 3-d nipple tattooing by the amazing Mary Jane Haake. My complete reconstruction is absolutely amazing and I can’t thank Dr. Cober enough. I feel complete again and it has changed my life in more ways than one. I’m blessed to be alive and happy to share my experience with you and I hope it helps you with your decision.

Breast Implant Swap

Hi, About 6 years ago I had a breast augmentation procedure at a different surgery center with a different surgeon. Over the years, the implants went wrong. The both had somehow flipped their orientation such that they had reversed themselves in the pocket. Additionally, one of the implants had developed a crease and had actually formed an upper protrusion at the top of the breast, which was visible. I went to Dr. Cober to see what could be done. Dr. Cober provided a great experience regarding the entire process. He was thorough in explaining the situation, the correction needed, and providing a comforting atmosphere. The procedure involved removal of the existing implants and and insertion of two new implants. Dr. Cober suggested and used a different textured implant set that would discourage movement of the implants. The surgery went off as planned right there in their surgery Center. Everything went great! Totally satisfied with all aspects of the procedure. Dr. Cober really showed care during the entire process.

he is one of the most thorough & best listening specialists i have ever seen. he is an exceptional dr that treats you with respect, dignity & who is very smart as well. I think he is awesome also because he is willing to say he is sometimes wrong, like an MRI would have a low probability of results in my case, but sometimes his initial take could be wrong. I love that he gave me the information & let me make my own informed health choices. Excellent dr! Also he had really, really read about my health history extensively before I had arrived & sent a very, very thorough detailed write up after my visit. I've never had a dr. study all my health information so thoroughly beforehand & i have seen LOTS of drs & specialists. Exceptional dr.

Great experience

I went to another doctor first to remove a cyst on my forehead. That doctor told me she would need to schedule me for surgery and give me a general anesthetic. I called around and picked a different doctor. Dr. Cober sent the paperwork out ahead of time. I showed up, he looked at the cyst and took it out right then in his office. Very personable and competent doctor!

Breast reduction with lumpectomy

He is very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. As a patient going into new territory, that was very comforting to me. I KNEW I was in good hands right from the start. He took time to go over all of my options and I never felt like he was in a hurry. He has a good sense of humor which made appointments more enjoyable. I highly recommend Dr. Cober to anyone:) I am very pleased with my results now being a year after surgery. I've had multiple nurses etc compliment me on my scars, saying they look really good!!

Five stars for Dr. Sheldon Cober

Dr. Cober was so very personable, caring, informative, and very knowledgeable. He was cautious and conservative about cutting into my finger, and he diagnosed the problem without putting me in surgery situation. I was very impressed with him and his fabulous bedside manner. I am thrilled to have found him!

Dr Cober is an excellant surgeon. He did a bilateral total breast reconstruction from my abdominal tissues. Wonderful result. Wonderful man. He gave me back my femininity. I can't say enough good about him. I recommend him highly.

Dr. Sheldon R Cober is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hillsboro, OR.