Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheldon Scheinert
Dr. Sheldon Scheinert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Pasadena, FL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Scheinert is affiliated with Palms of Pasadena Hospital, Vencor Hospital-St. Petersburg and Bayfront Med Ctr, St Petersburg, Fl. He speaks English.
Dr. Sheldon Scheinert has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
The office staff was very nice. His pa was great, but the Dr. didn't really answer my questions. I felt like he talk down to me. I left no better off than when I came ..then he billed my insurance over 400$ for nothing more than an office visit. Where he basically handed me a diet, that you would need to see a dietician to do properly follow. I would not recommend to anyone
It was my first experience with Dr. Scheinert, and my symptoms required a hospital procedure. I can only say that Dr. Scheinert is one of the most professional, courteous, caring and knowledgeable doctors I have ever used. His staff were excellent. He made me feel very comfortable and I only wish all doctors used him as their model.
Dr. Scheinert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Vencor Hospital-St. Petersburg
Bayfront Med Ctr, St Petersburg, Fl
St. Petersburg General Hospital
Tampa Bay Surgery Center
Palms of Pasadena Hospital
33 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Sheldon Scheinert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Digestive Diseases, 1609 Pasadena Ave S, South Pasadena, FL
Dr. Sheldon Scheinert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Pasadena, FL.