Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sheldon D Solomon
Dr. Sheldon D Solomon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Voorhees, NJ, with another office in Mount Laurel, NJ. He has 58 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Solomon is affiliated with Virtua West Jersey Hospital Marlton and Memorial Hospital Salem County. Dr. Solomon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sheldon D Solomon has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Clinical Research
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Lyme Disease
- Bone Density
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Spinal Stenosis
Showing 5 of 42
Let me start by saying that Dr. Solomon has the knowledge and experience to be the best doctor you will ever have. He is superior in his ability to diagnose illnesses. Dr. Solomon has been my doctor for 40 years. I cannot express how he is different than any doctor you will ever see. Dr. Solomon listens and gives you his full attention when you see him. Dr. Solomon is more than a doctor because he cares for each patient with respect and dignity. I am blessed to have had Dr. Solomon as my doctor.
A wonderful caring physician and staff to match.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Solomon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
58 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Sheldon D Solomon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sheldon D Solomon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Voorhees, NJ.