Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sheila M Burick has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sheila M Burick has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Sheila M Burick has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Sheila M Burick is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Won't treat any of my medical conditions makes me go to specialists for even the simplest things. Says she'll send in a prescription for something, check the pharmacy it's not there, call the office oh she changed her mind. Made me wait 8 months before she'd prescribe the medicine for a mild infection I had that whole time period. When you call the office it generally takes an hour before anyone will even answer the phone, when they do they are rude, and I'm frequently told she is not in the office and whatever I need will have to wait until she comes back. The partners don't cover for each other so if she's gone, as she often is, then you have no doctor. My A1C is at a dangerous level, she refused to make any changes to my insulin, which she prescribes, nor will she add an oral medication. I just have to wait until I can get in to an endo, and the endo is flabbergasted that she wouldn't try to do something. She didn't look at me during my visit and halfway through, still not looking at me, she says, "What did you say? I wasn't listening." A few sentences later I'm trying to continue with the visit, she folds up her laptop and tells me she has to go to a function of her kids she'll see me in three months.
30 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Geisinger Health System
Dr. Sheila M Burick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew Castle Primary Care, 1112 S Mill St, New Castle, PA
Dr. Sheila M Burick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Castle, PA.