Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shelley L Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Shelley L Alexander has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Alexander is AMAZING!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shelley L Alexander - Posted on June 16th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shelley L Alexander - Posted on October 7th, 2013
She is now the proud owner/operator of New You Health Studio in Leawood...and thank God for those who live near-by. Best clinic, best doctor I have EVER been to. Initially went to see her about hormone therapy, and she did so much more for me. Only doctor to ever take the time to check my mineral and vitamen levels---which made a huge difference in my overall health!!! The best-bar none!! Run, don't walk, to New You Health Studio in Mission Farms complex....Do It!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shelley L Alexander - Posted on May 22nd, 2012
Dr.alexander is wonderful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shelley L Alexander - Posted on November 28th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSHELLEY LYNN ALEXANDER DO, 750 Blake St, Kansas City, KS
Dr. Shelley L Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.