Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shelley R Bailey
Dr. Shelley R Bailey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hurricane, WV, with another office in Milton, WV. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bailey is affiliated with Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Bailey has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shelley R Bailey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
I would have to agree with a previous review in its entirety. I had the same experience. She does not make the effort to know you or your medical circumstances. I ended up in the ER because she refused to acknowledge my symptoms. She does not order simple routine blood work, which I find puzzling. I have had a request for a prescription refill sit on her desk for days, which forced me to have to call several times to get it taken care of. Dealing with illness is hard enough. Don't even consider.
She is a glorified switchboard. Refers instead of diagnoses, lacking in information because of this. And because she is not knowledgeable, she will not be able to judge if your specialist is correct, instead trusting that because they're certified they know everything that is possible. When the certification tests cover limited information about a specialty as there's certain percentages of disorders and information per type, that's not okay. You will definitely get a lot of it's in your heads or we don't knows instead of diagnoses and help. If you know any information about your medical problems, expect it to be ignored.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bailey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Marshall University School Of Medicine
Dr. Shelley R Bailey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shelley R Bailey in this video.
Dr. Shelley R Bailey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hurricane, WV.